A check is recommended before each use of the device.
- External appearance (there should be no cracks on the housing).
- The state of the lenses of the objective, digital module eyepiece, monocular and IR-illuminator (there should be no cracks, grease spots, dirt or other residue). Wipe the exterior surfaces of metal and plastic parts free from dust, dirt and moisture with a soft, cotton cloth.
- The condition of the battery (whether it needs to be charged), electrical contacts on the battery and the IR illuminator, and connectors for their attachment to the device (there should be no sign of salts or oxidation).
- The controls should be in working order.
- The digital module should be properly and firmly attached to the optical device.