Trail 2 LRF thermal riflescopes feature video recording and photography of an image, which are saved to an internal memory card.
Before using this feature, please read the Date and Time subsections of the section General Settings.
The built-in recorder operates in two modes - Video and Photo.
Video mode. Video recording
- Switch to Video mode with a long press of REC (6) button.
- In the top left corner you will see icon and remaining recording time in the format HH:MM (hours: minutes).
- Start video recording with a short press of REC (6) button.
- Upon start of video recording icon disappears, and icon REC and recording timer in the format MM:SS (minutes : seconds) appear instead: .
- Pause and resume recording video with a short press of REC (6) button.
- Stop recording video with a long press of the REC (6) button.
- Video files are saved to memory card after stopping the video.
- Switch between modes (Video-> Photo-> Video) with a long press of REC (6) button.
Photo mode. Capturing an image
- Switch to Photo mode with a long press of REC (6) button.
- Take a picture with a short press of REC (6) button. The image freezes for 0.5 sec and a photo is saved to memory card.
- You can enter and operate the menu during video recording.
- Recorded videos and photos are saved to built-in memory card in the format img_xxx.jpg (photos); video_ xxx.mp4 (videos). xxx – three-digit counter for videos and photos.
- The counter for multimedia files cannot be reset.
- Maximum duration of a recorded file is five minutes. After this time expires a video is recorded into a new file. The number of recorded files is limited by the capacity of unit's internal memory.
- Сheck regularly free capacity of the internal memory, move recorded footage to other storage media to free up space on the internal memory card.
To playback video ﬁles recorded by thermal imaging devices on macOS based computers, we recommend that you use VLC video player or Elmedia player.
Download links are shown below:
VLC Video Player
ELMEDIA Video Player