The Krypton XG50 thermal imagers are equipped with the option to record video and still images (photography) of the observed image by saving them on the built-in memory card.
It is recommended to set the date and time (see the General Settings section) before using the photo and video functions.
The built-in recorder operates in two modes:
Video mode. Video Recording
- Switch to Video mode by pressing and holding the RIGHT/REC (6) button.
- The icon and the remaining recording time in HH:MM (Hours:Minutes) format are displayed in the upper left corner for a short time, for example, 5:12. In the status bar, the video recording status is displayed continuously.
- Press the RIGHT/REC (6) button briefly to start video recording.
- When the video recording starts, the icon will disappear and the REC icon and timer in MM:SS (Minutes:Seconds) format will appear.
- Press the RIGHT/REC (6) button briefly to pause or resume video recording.
- Press and hold the RIGHT/REC (6) button to stop video recording.
- Video files are saved to the built-in memory card after the video recording has been stopped.
- Switch between modes (Video-> Photo-> Video) with a long press of the RIGHT/REC (6) button.
Photo mode. Capturing a photo
- Switch to Photo mode by pressing and holding the RIGHT/REC (6) button.
- Press the RIGHT/REC (6) button briefly to take a photo. The image freezes for 0.5 sec while the photo is saved to the internal memory.
- You can enter and navigate the menu during video recording.
- The recorded videos and photos are saved to the built-in memory card of the device in the formats img_xxx.jpg (photos) and video_xxx. mp4 (video) where xxx is a 3 digit counter.
- The counter for multimedia files cannot be reset.