Thermal imaging riflescopes are equipped with a stadiametric rangefinder, which allows you to determine the approximate distance to an object, if its size is known.
- To select the Stadiametric Rangefinder function, enter the Quick Menu by briefly pressing the controller button (6).
- Press the controller button (6) briefly to select the icon .
- The display will show the lines for measurements, the icons and numbers of the measured distance for three objects.
- Place the bottom fixed line under the object.
- Rotate the controller ring (6) to move the upper line relative to the lower horizontal fixed line so that the object is located directly between the lines. A target range automatically recalculated along with movement.
- To exit the rangefinder mode, briefly press the controller button (6) or wait 10 seconds to exit automatically.
- There are three predefined values for objects: Hare – 0.3 m high, Boar – 0.7 m high, Deer – 1.7 m high.
- The measured range value is rounded off before being displayed – for large range values up to 5 m, for shorter range – up to 1 m.
- To select a unit of measurement (meters or yards), go to the General Settings menu item => Units of Measure submenu.