- Remove the lens cover (12).
- Turn the unit on with a short press of the ON/OFF (3) button.
- Adjust the resolution of the icons on the display by rotating the diopter adjustment ring on the eyepiece (2).
- Rotate the lens focus ring (11) to focus on the object being observed.*
- Enter the main menu with a long press of the controller button (6) and select the desired calibration mode: manual (M), semi-automatic (SA) or automatic (A) (for more details, see the Microbolometer Calibration section).
- Calibrate the image with a short press of the ON/OFF (3) button (when calibration mode SA or M has been selected). Close the lens cap before manual calibration.
- Select the required operating mode (Forest, Rocks, Identification, User) in the main menu. User mode allows you to configure and save custom brightness and contrast settings, as well as one of three modes as a base.
- Activate the quick menu by briefly pressing the controller button (6) to adjust the brightness and contrast of the display (see the Quick Menu Functions section).
- Press the ZOOM (5) button successively to change the magnification ratio of the riflescope. While the icon is visible on the screen, rotate the controller ring (6) for smooth digital zooming from the current magnification.
- Power the device off with a long press of the ON/OFF (3) button.
*except for Model XM30 (non-focusing lens)
Warning! Never point the lens at intensive energy sources such as laser radiation emitting devices or the sun. It can damage electronic components in the device. The warranty does not cover damage arising from failure to comply with operating instructions.