Trionyx binoculars are equipped with a stadiametric rangefinder which allows the user to determine the approximate distance to an object of a known size with reasonable accuracy.
- Select the Stadiametric Rangefinder function with short presses of the МENU (3) button until the icon is selected.
- The following will be displayed: lines to determine the distance, icons of three objects and digits of the determined distance to three objects.
- Position the lower fixed bar under the object being ranged.
- By pressing the UP (2)/DOWN (5) buttons, move the upper horizontal bar relative to the lower fixed bar until the object fits entirely between the two bars. The distance to the object is automatically recalculated as you move the upper line.
- If the rangefinder doesn’t work within 10 seconds, the information disappears from the displays.
- Exit the rangefinder mode with a long press of the МENU (3) button or wait 10 seconds to exit automatically.
- There are three predefined values for the reference objects: Hare - 0.3 m height, Boar - 0.7 m height, Deer - 1.7 m height.
- The distance value is rounded off before being displayed: up to 5 m for large distance values, up to 1 m for smaller distance values.
- To select the unit of measurement (Meters or Yards), go to the General Settings menu item => Units of Measure submenu.