Ballistic calculations are now available for Pulsar Trail 2 LRF XQ50 thermal imaging riflescopes via the firmware update 5.0.
Knowing that Pulsar Trail riflescopes are still considered a favorite hunting companion by many hunters around the globe, we are introducing the firmware update 5.0 for Trail 2 LRF XQ50 and Trail 2 LRF XQ50A.
Just like the previously released update for Pulsar Trail 2 LRF XP50 riflescopes, this update enables ballistic calculations for accurate shooting from longer distances.
Firmware update 5.0 delivers a ballistic algorithm that allows you to calculate the trajectory of a bullet and displays the suggested point of aim on the screen of your Trail 2 LRF XQ50.
To enable ballistic calculations on your Trail riflescope, please follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Download the newest updated version of the Stream Vision Ballistics mobile application to your mobile device.
- Create a ballistic profile (or several if you need more than one) following the instructions provided in the mobile application.
- Connect your scope to the Stream Vision Ballistics mobile application via Bluetooth.
- Using the Stream Vision Ballistics app, upload the ballistic profiles to the riflescope. Now you can disconnect from the app.
- Measure the distance with the laser range finder in two short presses. The first press activates the LRF, the second measures the distance and activates ballistic calculations inside your riflescope.
- An indication of suggested point of aim will appear on your riflescope’s screen.
For more information on enabling ballistic calculations inside your Pulsar riflescope, we invite you to look at this YouTube video or read the following manuals.
The Stream Vision Ballistics mobile application can be paired with the following Pulsar scopes:
- Thermion 2 LRF XL50
- Thermion 2 LRF XP50 Pro
- Thermion 2 LRF XQ50 Pro
- Thermion 2 LRF XG50
- Trail 2 LRF XP50 / Trail 2 LRF XP50A
- Trail 2 LRF XQ50 / Trail 2 LRF XQ50A
Other improvements that come with the update 5.0:
- 3 distance visualization options.
- Increased display time of the rangefinder’s widget in top right corner.
- Implemented ballistic calculations operation in SCAN mode.
- Changed autocalibration indication.