The Krypton XG50 thermal imagers are equipped with the option to record video and still images (photography) of the observed image by saving them on the built-in memory card.
It is recommended to set the date and time (see the General Settings section) before using the photo and video functions.
For information on how to watch recorded photos and videos, see the Stream Vision 2 user manual: Android, iOS.
The built-in recorder operates in two modes:
Video mode. Video Recording
- Switch to Video mode by pressing and holding the RIGHT/REC (6) button.
- The icon and the remaining recording time in HH:MM (Hours:Minutes) format are displayed in the upper left corner for a short time, for example, 5:12. In the status bar, the video recording status is displayed continuously.
- Press the RIGHT/REC (6) button briefly to start video recording.
- When the video recording starts, the icon will disappear and the REC icon and timer in MM:SS (Minutes:Seconds) format will appear.
- Press the RIGHT/REC (6) button briefly to pause or resume video recording.
- Press and hold the RIGHT/REC (6) button to stop video recording.
- Video files are saved to the built-in memory card after the video recording has been stopped.
- Switch between modes (Video-> Photo-> Video) with a long press of the RIGHT/REC (6) button.
Photo mode. Capturing a photo
- Switch to Photo mode by pressing and holding the RIGHT/REC (6) button.
- Press the RIGHT/REC (6) button briefly to take a photo. The image freezes for 0.5 sec while the photo is saved to the internal memory.
- You can enter and navigate the menu during video recording.
- The recorded videos and photos are saved to the built-in memory card of the device in the formats img_xxx.jpg (photos) and video_xxx. mp4 (video) where xxx is a 3 digit counter.
- The counter for multimedia files cannot be reset.